I waited .(Part 1)



 It was difficult for me  to breathe so I waited
To get that grasp of air to feel alive again.
Those who know  me, know I hate waiting
But this was necessary. I had to.

I still remember you said you'll show up.
I was happy.
And the need to Impress you made it worse
I couldn't stop smiling, 
It was magical though I had my doubts I might disappoint you.
I didn't want that to happen. So I got to working cleaned and arranged the house
I wanted everything to be perfect as you're.
 
I knew you would be hungry, so started preparing your favorite meal
I called my sister to help me with the recipe as I listened to J Cole songs in the background.
Dancing for whatever reasons I was happy at least for a while.
I knew today I finally get a chance with you
A chance to show you a side of me that you never knew
A shot from whatever range I wouldn't want to miss.

Everything was going on well, I checked my phone once in a while you said you're preparing.
And It was really happening I even thought it wasn't real, just a dream I got lost in.
Hard accepting it. 
The aroma from was killing neighbours disturbing their noses, and I was like "today Christmas came early" I had spent almost all my weekly budget already but It didn't matter. The food was ready, I had to go get some fine wine but  I prepared the table and took a photo and sent you.
 And went to the liquor store downstairs I left my phone inside.
 On the way, I was dancing, singing, rapping to my songs and my heartbeat. I was to buy one bottle but why not two it's a special day anyway so I bought two bottles draining me completely.
 
I was eager to get to the house to see your response, did you like the setting? But how could you not? It was perfect. Getting to the house there was no response, I just knew you were on the way in a matatu and you can't check your phone to respond. So I waited

I can't open a bottle nor serve the food. Just waiting for a call or a text. And I really hate waiting. As I said today's special not like any other day I had to. I even calculated the distance and the time to keep myself busy I knew in 20 minutes or so you'll be here or you'll call and I'll pick you.

 Anxiety was already killing me, I couldn't let impatience finish me off. I had to double text, Something I never do... but I had to break my rules for you. It didn't matter as long as it's you Amerix will forgive later. "Bado unakam (are you still coming)?" with one question mark as he says. That's when everything went south so fast, "Kwani Ilikua nikuje (was I supposed to come)?". I was out of words. 

(Part Two Comes tomorrow)

Comments

Faith Hules said…
Wow, such a great story
Anonymous said…
Great story...
Really hoping to read part 2

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

Bad Day

When My Dreams Come True

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.