Pillow




To many you are just a pillow

A place for one to rest their head or support their back

Nothing more

But not to me

You mean more than that

Of course you cushion my head; and much more

You support my back; and much more

The bitterest of tears; those that left scars

The tears that flowed from somewhere beyond the eyes

You are the only one that saw them

Not only that, you also wiped them from my eyes;

And never complained even when I soaked you wet

Never turned me down every time I came

With so much weight on my back

And so much hurt in my heart

You held me gently, and let me cry myself to sleep

And when I woke up you were still there

There are times I punched you

Well, I am sorry I had to

I am also grateful you let me

When I was furious and mad

You let me let it out on you

Allowed me to lay it all on you

There are times I even threw you against the wall

Kicked you under the bed

Oh, I think I have stabbed you also

Once, or twice, or more times than I can count

Yet you never left, never lamented

There are secrets also

That no one else but you knows

The names of all my crushes

Those I secretly admire

Even those that I stalk

All my fears and doubts

Everything that worries me

The skeletons in my closet

You know all that

I know it is too much, and it might also be juicy stuff to pass around

Yet you have never let the cat out

Not even once

Not even after I gave you a beating without reason

You have seen all my good days

You know all my bad days

And even the lost days

When I needed to hold you, you held me tight

And never let go until I felt better

I knew I could come to you anytime

Be it morning, evening or noon

Even on the days when I had no mood

You sat next to me, and kept me company

As my mind wondered aimlessly

You never say anything

Yet you are ever there

Of course, I would pretty much enjoy a conversation with you

But I don’t mind the silence also

In that I know you are ever present

I can tell you everything

With you I need not hide my face

Oh, you know every part of it

Thank you for being there

You are more than a pillow to me

Always will be...



Comments

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

When My Dreams Come True

Bad Day

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)