Bad Day

Cause I slept drunk yesterday, I wake up with a spinning head I can't tell left from right. I have to pull myself together and after a litre or two of chilled water with a squeeze of lemon I become steady,trying to wake my wife up since I can't do shit on my own, it's dark ;4 or 5 in the am-so I think, dogs are barking And a cock can be heard from a far,"why are you so stubborn!" slowly whispers ,my wife. Assuming that is rhetorical ,I let her be, I have to fasten my pace so I cannot be late for work.

The weather is chill and mist has formed in most part of my neighbourhood, again I can't see shit and this time not because of the darkness but the mist. I have already left the house when I get a call from my boss "Hello, I thought we spoke yesterday and you promised to be here earlier than now!" "What!?,I mean sorry, I am on my way sir."I reply not knowing what we spoke about the previous day. My head is still floaty, memories about last night are a blur ,did I meet my boss yesterday? Did we speak on the phone? Was someone sent to my house? Questions linger my mind but can't find any answers, I guess we'll have to take the bull by the horns.

Usually it takes me 20 to 30 minutes to get to my work place from home: That's how long I think I took but to my surprise it is well over 10 am, I work under the security department and maintaining the cctvs and motion detector is what I mostly do -as any other worker from the security department I was handed the keys to the work place the previous day and I had promised to be up by 5 to open the office, most essential personnel are on the ground the gate is still closed ,I am told that I have costed the company alot of money since investors had already left.

A board meeting is scheduled to talk about me. I am called to the stand to pleed my case. "Do you have anything to say to us Mr. Kashaulo?" the CEO asked politely After a long talk,"Am just sorry, for my ignorance and I hope to do better next time!". The board does not seem convinced " Hawa vijana wametuzoea sana ,unakumbuka Omar yule alikuwa alcoholic,si pia yeye alisamehewa na akarudia tu!" A member says. " Kumedhoka !?" I think to myself, " You are fired" That's what I hear clearly from the CEO," Bring back company property and leave your badge at the gate " he adds. I go out knowing that I have been out numbered and the case fell on my end. Ptts! They can go I have my skills with me and my hand and legs are intact no need to worry I say to my self. 

Went out of the office still in mesmerized by what had just happened ,I walk down the road cursing at my bosses and the company..........

(The story continues after a comment and 5 likes 😎)

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW NICE STORY...PART TWO PLEASE.
Anonymous said…
PART 2
Obura said…
Give us Part 2
TeeGeeBee said…
Part 2 coming right up stay stuff
Anonymous said…
The story is good. Love the guy he know how to motivate himself Or is it a true story anyway waiting for the next part...... ����
Anonymous said…
Mr, Makazi acha pombe😆

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

I Waited Part 2

When My Dreams Come True

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.