Play Me



Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love

Hamlet

 I sit out in the open

Under the blue sky

Spread from end to end

As far as the eye sees

I am a little dusty

Maybe more than I imagine

Out here it gets cold at times

The rain falls at will

The moon comes by at times

The stars prefer to just stare

Even when I don't see them

I have sat here for quite a while

A time I cannot quantify

I counted the seconds and minutes,

At first;

Then came the hours and days

Weeks followed

Until I lost count

Through the seasons and changes

Elsewhere they'd say spring and summer

Winter through autumn

I have watched the flowers blossom

The leaves have fallen

The nests have been abandoned

I have been here too long

Perhaps it is you I waited for

Maybe today is better than yesterday

My strings have gathered dust too

They are not rusty though

My keys long for a slight touch

A magical touch perhaps

One that will result in a melody

A tune that I lost long ago

I want to know how it feels

To be on fire again

I want to miss and be loved

I long to make someone dance to my tune

I desire to be the reason for happy smiles

Cheerful laugher and merry hearts

Blow off this dust gathered on me

Hit these keys of mine

Let the strings ring out

Make my heart alive again

Love me

Play me!


"To love is to live and to be loved is to be alive."

mutua_mlamba

Comments

Betta said…
Masterpiece!!!!
mutua_mlamba said…
@Betta Thank you 😊

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

When My Dreams Come True

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.

Bad Day

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)