The Strongest Girl i Ever Knew

She never got to dance
Or go to her own prom.
She never got the chance
To forget where she came from.

She never got to kiss,
A man she idolized.
She never felt love's bliss,
'Cause she was paralyzed.

She never got to talk
About love with a smile.
She never got to walk
Down a church's aisle.

She never got to say
Those precious words, "I Do."
But she was far and away
The strongest girl I ever knew.

She couldn't brush her hair
Or put make up on her face.
She couldn't hold you dear
Or give you a warm embrace.

She couldn't clasp her hands
As if in the form of prayer.
She couldn't understand
Why she was in a wheelchair.

She never showed her fears
Or let you hear her cries.
She never showed the tears
That fell down from her eyes.

She never looked for pity
Or sympathy from you.
That's why she'll always be
The strongest girl I ever knew

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/the-strongest-girl-i-ever-knew

Comments

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

I Waited Part 2

Bad Day

When My Dreams Come True

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.