Then Tomorrow..

 

 

See you Tomorrow

 

 

I don't even intend to know tomorrow

 

so, television, magic mirror, cursed broadcast of doom

come take a mandatory vow of stillness

in my room to sit, and meditate in the corner

 

for my in-between moments are far too scarce

to be spent pounding my chest inside out

days come scheduled as always regardless,

and cracked ribs neither bend iron rails nor steer the fate

 

these soothsayers are deluded liars

picking the spot where hailstone pellets might land,

and foolish too, are the ones who pay them to guess tomorrow

 

come what may regardless of magic or prescience

life still must be faced in its precise moment

at the falling of the sword striking hard in the hour of great sorrow

 

and my times of standstills have become luxuries

as Tyrian purple and cobalt blue dragons in Chinese porcelain

once were

 

soon, like precious every bit of rice battered

separated from the husk by toil and bloodied hands

 

peace has increasingly become rather rare, fleeting

strip-mined and processed somewhere, imported from overseas

shipped, tagged, hoarded, and levied with exorbitant duties

 

sold freeze-dried and neatly packaged.

Comments

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

I Waited Part 2

Bad Day

When My Dreams Come True

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.