My petals are fading



Please give me a window
I hunger for the sun
How can I grow in this dark Gray cell
with metal barricades blocking the nutrients from the light
Every day that pass I lose a petal to the dirt
Yet my thorns continue to grow

If I could just hear the birds sing to me
My Rosey color would return from the blush of love
But you take away the songs of God creations and replace them with walls for your rejected beings
Who can love a Rose that is dying
The fading of color is no longer appealing
I'm withering yet my thorns continue to grow
Sharper and sharper it becomes trying to protect the rest of It's lifeline

I fear they will grow until the beauty of my petals fade away
The thorns will only be protecting its memories
A time when a person wouldn't even notice my shield of the thorns or
the prick of the finger
Just to place me into their hands to brighten the day
Place me into the vase of love
Refresh my soul with the waters of hope
Cut away my thorns, so I can be held

Please give me a window
I hunger for the sun
I thirst for growth
For my petals are falling to the dirt
but my thorns continue to grow

Comments

prodigital said…
Maybe the thorns will be your defence mechanism

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

When My Dreams Come True

Bad Day

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)