Now is The Time

 


If a poem I would write,
Now's the time!
Now that I still can rhyme
Seized without leaping on it;
For my shelter and food depend upon it,
This is my time.

If a task you have to do,
Now's the time!
Now, while you've a concept to it;
Now, while passion will help you do it;
Or in shame you'll stumble through it,
Out of time.

If you have a word of praise,
Now's the time!
Should the sky, while flowers are growing
Stretch its gracious dew-bestowing
Ne'er would come the rainbow-glowing
Blossom time.

If a kiss you have to give,
Now's the time!
Lips, like flowers, soon are faded,
Life-blood pale, checked, and jaded,
If they are not love-overshaded,
Kissed in time.

If you have a prayer to pray,
Now's the time!
Not to every hour are given
Skyward look and open heaven;
Oh, be strengthened, delighted, forgiven,
While there's time!

 

Comments

Gonzalez Gaucho said…
I always wanted to leave a comment, I believe now is the time. Good work.

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

I Waited Part 2

Bad Day

When My Dreams Come True

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.