Dating Myself

Withered roses Images - Search Images on Everypixel

That time you vowed that you'd be there for me

I dearly took it to the heart
so when you left me all on my own
my soul too fell apart

the red rose that you gave me
under the sparkling moon
has weakened and died
just like our relationship, both were too soon

 

still, I felt tied to you
connected more than ever
I wanted to embrace you again
felt that our love would last forever


but then I realized
your love was just a disguise
you only used me for your own needs
your 'love' was only ever greed


I wanted myself to become stronger
so that my next relationship would be longer
and then

happiness grew from within
I realized that holding hands with myself
was harder than it ever could have been
to hold hands with her

 

Comments

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

When My Dreams Come True

Bad Day

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)