Melanin Me

 5 Things You Need to Know about the Maasai | Work the World

The darker the berry the sweeter the juice,

My skin faultless even with these cuts and bruise,

Enchanted and unblemished all around the grid,

My skin magical for I’m a special breed.

 

And in the sun my juicy melanin sparks,

My native afro scorches and tans,

I loosen my bantu knots and let my dreads fall,

To give me shade and hide my face-walls.

 

In the grasslands I am a free lad with a crown,

Take the lead as my servants trail up and down,

Stiffen my shole so it doesn’t get puffed by the wind,

And scare away the wild ones trying to take my sheep.

 

My sons and daughters are all strong and grown,

Ingenious and able to live on their own,

Ailment and illness to us is a falsification

For never in my life have I had any medication.

 

All good and seamless until rolling-snowball-heads came,

To trade my perfect culture for diseases and chaotic social lives,

They envy my complexion and wish they had my perfection,

Tho’ despising but truly they’ll never take away my God given precision.


Improve your brain capacity. Play this game.

Comments

Anonymous said…
it is really nice seeing such poems that support african heritage #love black #appreciateBlack

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

When My Dreams Come True

Bad Day

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)