we can't be

  It’s funny how quickly you forget,

The very first time we met,
My heart hopped a beat,
I caught my breath a bit,
 
I knew from that day,
That something was right but in the wrong way,
I saw you look at me,
With your brown eyes shining and free.
 
My heart sunk to the floor,
And hid the keys to its doors,
It shied away from the reality,
It shied away from you.
 
At that time you looked not free,
I knew from that moment that we could never be,
I glimpsed at your inquisitive eyes,
And assumed to myself that I will never be yours.
 
And when the reality hit my brain,
That there’s not much to gain,
But to remain just friends,
For that’s how it was going to end.
 
Not sure just how you felt,
Sorry if I ever made your heart melt,
But my heart said no,
Not more than friends.
 
The love we share could never be,
But just for the little bit,
Let’s remain best of friends,
For that’s how it was planned to end.

Comments

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

When My Dreams Come True

Bad Day

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)