Secretly In Love

You're asking why I care for you this way.
You're asking how I could smile every day.
Having you around makes my day smooth and easy.
Without you,
It's hard for me to end a day.

If only I could say,
"I've loved you since the day I met you."
I always stare at you from afar.
There's nothing I can do but keep it inside,
Wishing that you would know the deep feelings I have.

You're telling stories about the person you've met.
You said that you're really in love,
And it stopped my heart from beating.
I said, "I'm happy for you," with a smile on my face,
But what I have inside is a heart that keeps on crying.

If only I could say,
"I could be the one that could love you in a special way."
There's nothing I can do but keep it this way,
Wishing that you would know all the secrets I've kept,
Secrets I've kept for our friendship to stay.


Our Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tezo.digital

Comments

Phanice Kadzo said…
This is the best poem I've read this year...keep moving👏🏾

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

When My Dreams Come True

Bad Day

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)