LIKE OR LOVE

Like or love

You are probably growing up with these two complex terms at the back of your head, trying to define them, to see the difference. You remember that one person who told you " I really like you" then the next one came up with " I really love you." "Eeeh, so you like me and you don't love me?" 
It's really challenging, right? Growing up as a teenager, with that little pressure of having a partner, I found it quite hard deciding which word was appropriate now and then. At first I knew one was the opposite of the other.
I like you
An extremely powerful enemy to young men. Young men thinks once a lady tells you 'I like you' then you have been peacefully laid in the friend zone. Well, that might be the case for some instances.
But generally, Like has something to do with your mind. When you like someone, it means you are happy having them around you, you enjoy their company. It's more of an outer emotion towards someone.
Liking someone totally has nothing to do with your heart but I agree that you can feel a little heartbroken when you lose someone you like, it's totally dependent on the individual. What causes the heartbreak then? You were used to having fun with this someone and then another person comes and snatches him or her from you, the next day you see them having fun, well, for some you'll feel it. You feel it not because you loved him or her but because you LIKED his or her company.
 Some psychologists argued that liking someone is like an event, you like someone today and after sometime you'll be liking the other. It's a three month anniversary.
When you like someone, you get pissed off when they don't text back, you generally admire them because they are perfect. You try to impress them either by dressing neatly, talking sensibly to them or putting your best foot in front.
I love you
Love is a whole lot of emotion on it's own. It's wholesome and unconditional. Love is a deeper stronger emotion towards someone. You love someone because you probably can't do without them.
 When you love someone, you probably want to spend the rest of yourself with that person. Some people start by liking each other then the feeling grows deeper. Once you confess love to someone it's a huge thing, huger than you may think, probably you want to marry each other. 
In front of someone you love, you can't speak everything that is in your mind. Your heart races, it doesn't beat. It's hard to look straight into the eyes of someone you like, you'll blush. You think about them every few minutes. When you lose someone you love you can afford to close your eyes and go away, when you lose someone you love you won't be able to hold back your tears.
A younger son will say "I love you mom" and not "I like you mom." Because of their strong unconditional relationship, he can't do without the mother.

So you got the difference, like is conditional, unwholesome and specific. Love on the other hand is unconditional, unspecific and wholesome.

Comments

Obura said…
So, if you "like" the article , spread the word. (I said Like)
Or someone "love" it?¿

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

Bad Day

When My Dreams Come True

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.