UNDER THE CASHEW NUT TREE

My mind was  not at ease,
I decided to sit on that old chair under the cashew nut tree,
Birds were singing and  there was a  cool breeze.
I looked the way the leaves  and twigs swung free.
The chair was meant for two,
I knew the other space was meant for you.
But i was there  alone.
This is the spot we used to meet
but now you're gone.
This is the spot i used to hear everything sweet.
It was where i proposed but you said ''NO''
And the pain you left me with was more than that of heartbreak.
You told me we were just friend,nothing more.
And every word from you was like a sour herb i couldn't take
-----------------------------------------------------------
Even the birds had stopped singing and dancing
No breeze,no twigs and leaves swinging
Tears were already flowing,i had been crying .
I collected my pieces,doubting each of my thought.
I thought you're the one and your not.
Again i thought you would consider me.you didn't
I was friend-zoned without knowing...
The "i love you too,i love you more" responses were just words
without any meaning,
I'm out of it, we better be enemies or strangers
you destroyed my world.


Comments

Our Picks

STILL THE ONE

It Ain't Love

I have a Secret Too

I Waited Part 2

Reasons people fall in love at first sight

Bad Day

When My Dreams Come True

When You Finally Decide to Date(part 1)

How should a healthy relationship Be?

'Stole My Heart.